The R.I.S.e. Program
“RECOGNIZING AND INSPIRING STUDENT EXCELLENCE”
Recognizing and Inspiring Student Excellence
The RISE Program is a specialized early childhood program for children ages three to five years old who are experiencing emotional, behavioral and/or developmental issues that impact school success. In a structured and nurturing environment, our multidisciplinary staff will provide rich learning experiences and therapeutic interventions that will help students RISE to the next level of school readiness.
R.I.S.E. Program at a Glance
The RISE program is a comprehensive early childhood program, which utilizes a strengths-based approach to promote social and emotional growth, school readiness and overall wellness, by offering the following:
- Structured daily schedule Mon. – Fri., Full day program with Extended School Year
- Small class size and high staff to student ratio
- Related Services include Speech, Occupational and Play Therapy
- Sensory enriched stations are incorporated throughout the classroom to support self-regulation and sensory exploration.
- Developmentally appropriate, research based academic, social and emotional curriculums
- Behavior management, behavior assessment, and planning
- Special subjects include art, gym, music
- Movement and S.T.E.A.M. activities integrated throughout curriculum
- Psychiatric services include medication monitoring
- Daily parent contact; referrals and parent support as needed
- Transportation available through the sending district
Multisensory activities and interventions are used to support the acquisition of academic skills, as well as the development of self-regulation. A state-of-the-art Sensory Gym is available for students who may require occupational therapy to address sensory needs. The classroom offers consistent daily opportunities for multisensory academic instruction and play that keeps learning hands-on, exciting, and fun.
Play Therapy is The Way!
As an infant, your first “words” were likely unspoken. They came in the form of play, a child’s first and most natural language. Play therapy is a theoretically based approach to the psychological treatment of childhood problems.
RISE Preschool at Windsor Bergen Academy offers the distinction of being one of the only specialized preschools in the region to incorporate play therapy into the school based counseling program. Utilizing our state of the art Play Therapy Center, students engage in therapeutic modalities such as dramatic, imaginative, multi-sensory and cooperative play, social storytelling, puppetry, music, dance and art therapy, and sand tray therapy. Through human connection, laughter, and lots of mess making, children grow cognitively, socially, and emotionally through the power of play at RISE, WBA.